I've just discovered the cool RaiseBubbleEvent that's provided within ASP.NET.  As the name suggests, it bubbles up event from the called methods, to the calling methods.  So, first, here's the code and afterwards I'll tell you why I needed to make use of it.
private void SomeCalledMethod()
{
/* Do some processing */
...
/* Now raise the bubble event up to the calling method. 
Whoever consumes this bubble event, they will know that it's telling them to Rebind.  Any phrase/word can be placed in here */
CommandEventArgs args = new CommandEventArgs("Rebind", String.Empty);
RaiseBubbleEvent(null, args);
}
protected
override bool OnBubbleEvent(object source, EventArgs args)
{
CommandEventArgs e = (CommandEventArgs)args;
if (e.CommandName == "Rebind")
{
//Rebind code goes here
}
return true;
}
The reason that I'm having to use this code is because I'm creating a web shop for a customer of ours and creating a shopping basket/cart.  The markup for the cart became quite long as I have 40 textboxes allowing the customer to type in part numbers directly, instead of browsing, so I thought I'd create a couple of user controls that could be reused in other projects.  However, when the user clicked on the "place all 40 items in the cart" button, it has to do some validation etc and then if successful, the shopping cart has to be displayed, but the logic to display the cart was in the basket.aspx page, and how was I going to inform this page that the shopping cart needed to be displayed.
So after a few suggestions from my colleagues, I tried using javascript and window.location.reload(), then history.go(0) and finally window.location.href=window.location.href.  Unfortunately the first two went into an endless loop reloading the page, asking did I really want to reload the page and the final one worked, but it just reloaded empty controls.  So I thought, okay, I'll use & set EnableViewState in the root for page, usercontrol and asp controls, but still no luck.  I then came across RaiseBubbleEvent and learnt of it's magical powers!  I wish I had been introduced to it years ago!
Anyway, happy bubbling!